Saturday, 21 December 2013

You Should Be 2.

Hey bubba,

If I am being realistic, your birthday isn't until 10.07 pm tomorrow.  But life doesn't work like that, and as soon as it is turning that day, or near that time, then it is your birthday.  You share your birthday with so many special people, but you should be here, with Mummy and Daddy.

I am not the only one feeling it.  Daddy has just called to see how Mummy is, and he says he is wearing his superman t-shirt just for you.  He hopes you know and that you are pleased with him.

Noone except people who are living this life know how hard this is.

I won't forget you.  I can't forget you.

2 years ago you were tucked safely inside my belly, and then Mummy's kidneys forced you to be born.  That whole day I asked you to cry.  You did cry.  I should have asked you to stay.

Mummy loves you.  She just does.  Daddy does too.

I never imagined I would be spending your 2nd birthday here without you.  But, here I am.

Don't forget for a second how much we love you.  Don't forget for a second that we would have been buying you your favourite toys, instead of a number 2 balloon and a number 2 flower arrangement,

This life isn't fair.  You know it, Daddy knows it, I know it.

I miss you.  I have traced the outline of your face with my fingers all day.  I might end up doing it all night.  No words are enough for how much I miss you.

Stay safe in heaven and I hope you get spoiled for your birthday.  I know we will be spoiling you the only way we know how xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment