Monday, 9 December 2013

Christmas is coming.




Christmas is approaching.  It is getting really hard,
to hold onto to emotions, never mind write out a card.
I picture you here with me, just how we all should be,
but instead there's just your Daddy, 3 doggies, and just me.

When will Christmas time stop hurting. and even Easter too.
Another celebration. Another milestone without you.
Your Mummy's really struggling.  Although she's doing her best.
I glue a smile into it's place, and I'm acting all the rest.

You're first Christmas spent in hospital, Second at your place of rest.
Nowhere else can make up for this place where you're loved best.
It hurts so much my baby boy, knowing your not here.
I hope you feel our love for you, it drips from every tear.

We're struggling to stem the flow, it's just pouring down our face,
We remember Christmas with you.  In an entirely different place.

So easy to give up now.  We know we can't give in.
Our broken hearts will keep on hurting, with tears flowing on within.

Seeing people with their families.  Holding their children close.
Feeling your weight within our arms, is one thing we miss most.

We love you.  we just do xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment