Sunday, 1 December 2013

1st of December

Hello Bubba xxxxxx

Today Mummy and daddy went to the SANDS memorial service and we had your name and all of your siblings names read out.  It was such an emotional day, not just for us, but for everyone there.  The huge number of names that was read out was so humbling, so affecting, so heartbreaking.  For most of the service I sang or sat and listened with tears dripping from my eyes that I had no control over.  The only thing I am thankful for is that they were silent, so they only person that saw Mummy this way was Daddy.

It is the 1st of December where we are.  The world is filled with people opening advent calendars, setting up their christmas trees, looking out their decorations, celebrating...

we aren't.

today we bought a special candle holder with your name on it so we can take you to our meal on Christmas Day.
Today we ordered a candle for your birthday.  We should be buying you presents instead.
Today Mummy and Daddy bought a special angel that will protect us in our home, we bought it because it reminded us of you.

It has been a really sad week in the world and it's news, and what makes it even sadder for Mummy and Daddy is that we know how the parents of all those lost people will feel, regardless what age they were.; No parent should need to bury their child.  

I am going to go now, but I wanted you to know that we both thought of you today xxxxxxxxxxxx
We both gripped each others hands and listened for them reading out your name, Euan's name and the 2 babies we have still to knows name xxxxxxxxxxxx

We love you xxxxxxxxxxxxx We just do xxxxx 20 days to your birthday.....We don't know if we can, but we are trying xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment