I am a Mummy to the most beautiful little boy who ever lived. He was courageous and he was strong, but he was the love of my life and he is missed every day. This blog is my grief outlet. I can't and won't make apologies if any blogs upset others because this journey is real. Living without your child is the hardest thing in the world to do. It NEVER gets easier.
Thursday, 25 July 2013
I Just Will.
I have been thinking a lot over the past few days about where my head is at, where my heart is at, where I am taking myself. The return to a work place after my son leaving, (I hate saying 'lost' because I know where he is), is really daunting, builds an anxiety within me. Raises a lot of 'what if ' questions.
What if I am so changed I can't do the job well?
What if my own experiences impact on decisions I need to make?
What if I really am not strong enough anymore for the role I am filling?
What if this is just yet another change that won't be a good one in the end?
I replay all the advice I have been given from the specialists.
What is the worst thing that can happen?
I suppose the worst thing is feeling like I am not suited to the role, and in that eventuality I leave and find a more suitable post. That is not the end of the world.
If my personal experiences impact on decisions negatively then I will need to review my career, but the loss of my son may impact positively on the children I will be working with, because I will only strive for the best for them all.
I have always done this, but I did this before without judgement or reservation, I knew my job.
Now I am entering back into a profession where so many do not value what they have. I never thought for a second that I would be able to do this profession again, but here I am.
I am going to try and not over think, over panic, over stress about my job start. I begin on Tuesday.
A massive milestone to cross then.
But for now, I am planning a mini break with my husband. I am escaping for a few days on the motorbike to a beautiful little place north in Scotland. I am going to try and give myself a break from thinking, before I start the next step on my journey.
My journey of creating a new life for myself, creating a path that I can walk on comfortably until I get my wish.
Some people have spoken to me about my return to work, and have assumed that my return is because I am stronger, better, well........I need a wage. We all need a wage. My heart has not healed any since the very second my son was taken from me. My life has not all of a sudden turned a bright corner. I do not feel complete anymore, I do not feel fulfilled anymore, but life as itself, takes away a lot of our choices.
These shoes aren't comfortable, but I have to wear them, there is no other choice.
I love him. I just do.
I miss him. I just do.
I am not who I was, nor will I ever be. That just is.
But with blisters on my heels and my heart, I will keep taking one step in front of the other. For him.
I just will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment