Tuesday, 28 May 2013

"I've been there for you"

Sitting in the silence of this place I call home,
I hear not a sound, not even the phone,
barely a phone call, barely a text,
I don't know who's around, from one day to the next.

I think of my life, how it was way back then,
my closest friends, was it 12, was it 10?
"I've been there for you" That's what one of them said.
I cry at these words, while banging my head.

Where have you been? are you here? and for real?
Do you have any idea how I am, how I feel?
You have sent me 3 texts, no visits, no calls,
I often wonder, do you miss me at all?

You promised to be there, for good and for bad,
you were there for the 'happy'...but now that I'm 'sad'?
I hear nothing at all, my life has all changed,
a year down the line. but, a time we'll arrange?

Could I tell you now, how this last year has been?
How I still lie in bed, and I cry,
sometimes scream?
How we hope that some day we'll wake up from this dream?

You say you have time for us, but where are you now?
Still struggling for words? still struggling, how?
You aren't the one who is living this strife,
you don't need to wake up and cry at this life,

sometimes too much water, goes under the bridge,
and that time creates distance, a gap, a huge ridge,
I can't just forget that you weren't near,
that you stayed away, from us here?, was it fear?

I can't keep dwelling on what has all happened before,
how I helped you and came when your heart was so sore.
but the people who do text or visit or call,
they have a place in my heart.  I have time for them all.


You don't need to walk a mile in someone else's shoes to know when they might need a foot rub.

To all those people who stayed near.......and continue to stay near....I will reach out to every single one of you in a time of need....anyone else.....that bridge burned when I buried my son and you didn't seem to care.

You weren't there, even if in your mind, and in your conscience you think you have been.

Never underestimate the difference contact can make, however small.







No comments:

Post a Comment