Dali.
Since I was a child, and I mean a very young child, this painting evoked such strong emotions in me. As a young child I never understood why?,,,,A Painting by Dali?...But yet it has been hanging in each house I have ever lived in, I still have it hanging on my wall even now. A bigger version that any that I have ever owned over the years.
The image....Ultimately,it is Christ on the cross. The crucifixion. Good Friday?....or a symbol of? variation of?
I have never been overly religious, even with a religious upbringing. I describe myself more as spiritual, I often 'see' things others don't see, I sometimes 'hear' them too.
But this painting has always induced tears for me, even as a little girl.
Is it ironic that my son should pass on Good Friday?...Is this why I have been drawn to this painting throughout my life span, and have encouraged other family members to see it, properly look at it and appreciate how beautiful it is.
Did I subconsciously know that this painting would be some sort of symbolism for future events?
Good Friday, doesn't fall on the same date every year, but it always will happen....it wall always be significant to me, to Jim and to my entire family and friends...for now.....Good Friday holds a very different meaning for us.
But yet, as I type this the tears are streaming down my face, I am looking at this painting in my home...I was looking at the very original painting in Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Yorkhill, Glasgow, with my littlest sister only a week before my son died. I cried there too.
That was a monumental moment, for me, to see that original piece in all of it's glory.
A week later, I was to have a monumental event that would change me, forever, on Good Friday.
Life really isn't all a series of coincidences.....I have made a connection today that has blown me away. Just like my beautiful hearted little boy has.
Forever mine. Forever powerful on my emotions.
Forever missed.
<3 <3
No comments:
Post a Comment