I recently became friends with another angel Mummy. She had to give her son to heaven too. I hate the expression 'lost' because we know where they are, they aren't 'lost'.
This Mummy swapped songs with me, she gave me the song that reminds her most of her son, her most precious piece of music. I gave her mine, Blackbird by Alter Bridge.
The song she gave me has touched my soul. It makes me wonder if Gemma Hayes has a son in heaven because her words match how I feel. The words of this song just make so much sense, and I feel them. Thank you Alex for sharing this song with me. I have had it on replay since you gave me it to listen to, I really get it chicky. I truly get it. And I know others who will too. This song has touched my heart, just like you and your son have xx
Oliver by Gemma Hayes.
Oliver
You kicked a hole through my heart
And left me with the whistling sound
As the wind blows through
With duct tape
And an old bin bag I covered it up
And put back on my sweater
So I look the same
But I'm a little different now
I might look the same
I might look the same
But I'm a little different now
Oliver
You ripped the smile off my face
And fed it to the Winter birds
What a wicked boy
Oliver
You are my blackness
Oliver
You are my lightness
My devastator
I might look the same
I might look the same
But I'm a little different now
I might look the same
I might look the same
But I'm a little different now
I'm a little different now
You kicked a hole through my heart
And left me with the whistling sound
As the wind blows through
With duct tape
And an old bin bag I covered it up
And put back on my sweater
So I look the same
But I'm a little different now
I might look the same
I might look the same
But I'm a little different now
Oliver
You ripped the smile off my face
And fed it to the Winter birds
What a wicked boy
Oliver
You are my blackness
Oliver
You are my lightness
My devastator
I might look the same
I might look the same
But I'm a little different now
I might look the same
I might look the same
But I'm a little different now
I'm a little different now
I'm a little different now, I am a lot different now. I will never be the same, even though I look the same.
I have duct tape on my heart too, and I am wearing a sweater so that I can face the world again, today.
A year ago I was sleeping over at the neonatal unit, 48 hours until I brought my son home.
The smile has been ripped off my face. He couldn't stay.
What I'd give.
No comments:
Post a Comment