Sunday, 18 November 2012

Uncle Bobe misses you too, wee man.


(Bobe is Mummy's Brother)



Haydon, Uncle Bobe usually finds it hard to write down what he is thinking, or how he feels, but for you, your mummy and daddy, I’ll give it a try. So I will start from the beginning.
Your mummy and daddy found out they were having a baby. They kept it quiet for a bit from everyone, because they had already miscarried a couple of babies, and your mummy’s health was not the best at that time. So when your mummy and daddy found out they told Uncle Bobe and aunty Leeann that they were having you. We were all excited, but also scared.
Everything seemed to be going ok, you were growing as you were meant too, it all seemed great, until your mummy and daddy found out that it looked likely that you had Downs Syndrome. Your mummy and daddy, were a little worried about this and what everyone would think. Your mummy phoned uncle Bobe to tell him, she was upset. I told her, that it did not make any difference to us, as we would Love you just the same.
Uncle Bobe and Aunty Leeann got married on the 20th August 2011, you were there, not in person, but in you mummy’s big tummy, because you were growing a bit more than you should have been. I am just glad that you got to go.
Your mummy and daddy booked a 4D scan at Gogarburn in Edinburgh. Uncle Bobe got asked to go and see you. It was amazing to see you, before you were even born. And those biscuits that your Uncle Bobe, and Aunty Cheryl kept eating were also amazing.
Time came for your mummy to give birth to you, she had got taken into hospital early because you were growing too quickly, and your mummy’s health was getting poor. Your mummy had a competition with her work to see who could guess what sex you were and guess your weight. Uncle Bobe won this.
Your mummy and daddy had you; they called me to say that you were born. I was overjoyed, because I didn’t only have a niece, I also had a nephew. I had so many plans on what I was going to do with you, when you were growing up. Lewis was also excited with you being a boy, because he was no longer outnumbered with the girls.
Uncle Bobe was trying to get into the hospital to see you, but my shifts at work were not allowing this. Uncle Bobe kept on texting you mummy asking how you were. By the time I got in to see you, you were 5 days old. You were gorgeous; I got to give you a cuddle for the first time on my second visit. I automatically got a bond with you. And whilst you were in my arms, I was talking to you. You had a hold of my finger, and you gave me a big smile. That is when I started to call you my Wee Man.
You were in hospital for some time, during this time, uncle Bobe came into see you a few times, and also see your mummy. You got home for a week, that is when we let your cousins Lewis and Lauren meet you for the first time. They loved you dearly; Lauren would not leave your side. Lewis just kept on asking questions.
This time did not last long at home for you; you got into difficulty breathing, and were rushed back into the sick kids. I began to worry, and wonder what was happening to you. We were not even allowed in to see you, because you were that ill. So I kept on going to the hospital to see your mummy and daddy, to give them a break because they were with you 24/7. The sick kids caused more problems with your health, that they organised for you to go even further away from your family, to go to Yorkhill hospital in Glasgow.
On that day that you travelled to Yorkhill, it was a Tuesday. I was at work driving my number 7 bus; I picked Aunty Paula up at Gilmerton. Just before I picked her up, it was your transporting time to Yorkhill. My mind was on you and hoping you were ok in the ambulance, I nearly crashed my bus into a car.
I came into see you at Yorkhill for the first time, my Sat Nav had stopped working, but I was adamant that I was coming in to see you; I didn’t know where I was going. So I asked a road worker for directions. He was a good man. He drove right to the hospital, and had me follow him.
You had just had your heart op.
I came into see you, and you had all those tubes and machines attached to you. I was there when you got your lungs cleaned out, you were in discomfort, but you stayed strong. I don’t know how you managed to cope with all the prodding and poking that all those doctors done to you. You are a Brave Wee Man!! I would never have coped with half of it.
A couple of days after that, I received a phone call to tell me that you had deteriorated quite a bit, and was advised to come in and see you. I had work the next day, and didn’t finish till about 9pm. Your mummy had to organise it with the hospital for me to come in late to see you. I came in with Aunty Leeann, Uncle Michael, and Aunty Kirsty.
You held my hand so tight, it was as if there was nothing the matter with you, and you were making that sucking noise, that we all tried to copy you, but no one could do it. When we were getting ready to leave, we could not say our good byes to you, because it was too soon, to say good bye, you were only here, was not time to go.
Uncle Michael got very upset, just before we left. I had to be strong for him.
On the Friday morning, I got a call from your mummy, to tell me that you had went with the angels, I got a bit upset, but at the same time I got a call from Granny, to tell me Grandad had been taken to hospital, because he had got assaulted on his bus. It was also granny and granddads 25th wedding anniversary.
I had to call work and let them know, because I was coming back over to Yorkhill to see you, your mummy and daddy. I came this time with Aunty Paula, Uncle Keith, and Aunty Leeann. I had to stay strong for your mummy and daddy, because they were very upset. I got to give you your last cuddle from me, no matter what anyone says, it’s a memory that I will treasure for the rest of my time, and will never regret doing so.
Your mummy and daddy asked me to help lower you down to your forever bed. At first I was not too keen in doing so, but for you Wee Man, I would do anything for you. Just as I would for all your cousins.
At your wake, in the bowling club, I was outside with Aunty Leeann and Grandad, I broke down for you. I said, why did this have to happen to you? Your mummy and daddy? haven’t they been through enough?
Your mummy will talk to me about stuff, your daddy can be quiet, he doesn’t say a lot about how he feels to me. I am there for them both, and always have been since the beginning.
All I can say to you just now is, Why? Why? Why?
Rest in peace Wee Man you are always with us.
Love you loads XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment