I am a Mummy to the most beautiful little boy who ever lived. He was courageous and he was strong, but he was the love of my life and he is missed every day. This blog is my grief outlet. I can't and won't make apologies if any blogs upset others because this journey is real. Living without your child is the hardest thing in the world to do. It NEVER gets easier.
Sunday, 10 June 2012
My Husband is a Father
Daddy
My husband is a father,
we know that this is true,
But when people ask him how I am,
they rarely ask him too.
My husband held his baby,
he looked into his eyes,
he also shared this journey,
and he knew his baby's cries
My husband doesn't talk much,
but he cries when we're alone,
he struggles to find solace,
he still struggles on the phone.
My husband needs his son too,
He had plans to see him grow,
but he was cheated, just like I was,
he also watched our bubba go.
My husband he had many dreams,
of teaching Haydon about bikes,
He had laughs about the future,
he planned rough and tumble fights.
My husband spoke about the garage,
and taking Haydon there,
he spoke of going to the park,
all the small things that he'd share
My husband he has lost his son,
that little boy was his,
he helps me with the hurt each day,
but I also help with his.
My husband, he keeps busy,
makes plans to go out with his friends,
he creates many distractions,
but Haydon's on his mind no end.
My husband is not better,
please don't expect him to be fine,
the sadness that I talk about,
is also with him all the time.
My husband looks for Haydon,
in the skies and waters too,
he wants signs that he is with us,
he misses Haydon, like I do
My husband is still a father,
even when its Fathers Day
So if you talk to him about your kids
please be gentle, cos he won't say.
My husband is so gentle,
he held Haydon in his hands,
when we lost our son that tragic day,
he also lost his plans.
Daddy loves you and misses you too bubba, he just does xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment