Wednesday, 13 June 2012

'good will' in a tin.




I'm aware that time is passing,
I see it everyday,
I see how people's children grow,
how the clock ticks time away

I feel like I'm standing in one space
while all others get to live,
I see people build their memories,
I've nothing left to give

We honour Haydon's memory,
and we gather money in,
I cry that this is now my lot,
some 'good will' in a tin.

Would've been 25 weeks today,
6 months milestone very soon
While folk enjoy the sunny days,
I dread the rest of June.

Ten weeks of loss is nothing,
its like teardrop in the rain,
How much time will need to pass,
till I don't feel this pain

I am trying everything I think of
to lessen the impact of my grief,
But nothing is a cure, a fix,
nothing brings long term relief

My son will forever be a memory,
he won't change, develop, grow,
Many helped now by his fund,
but he should have never had to go.

Don't think that we are heroes,
we'd rather have our son,
we didn't choose not to have him,
although his fund will help someone,

We need his name eternal,
can't act like he wasn't here,
so moneys raised in Haydon's name,
still keeps his spirit near.

We see that time is passing,
but not for us, we've found,
time doesn't ease our heartache,
we still want him around.


We love you and miss you bubba xxx
Mummy misses you so much that its a sore pain today bubba boy xxxx I wish you could be here xxxx I just do xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment