I've never missed
anyone as much as I miss you,
So badly some days I
don't know what to do
my soul, it hurts
deep, the pains raw, I don't sleep
but precious memories
of you, I will keep, I will weep.
My hearts open and raw
and this wound is so sore,
I beg now for mercy, I
scream and plead for no more,
you were all that I
wanted, I begged you to stay,
but you couldn't stay
with us, your soul went away
I remember you laying
so still on my chest, and
breathing so deeply,
your best place to rest,
you thrived from my
contact, you needed me near,
skin to skin touch, no tears and no fear
I gave you my milk, was
told breast is best,
to create it so soon
was a challenge, a test,
I watched you develop
your suckle, and swallow,
I think of these times.
I'm now empty, I'm hollow.
I chose colourful
bedding, for your hospital cot,
wrapped in blankets
from home, the staff liked them a lot,
I waited so patiently
till you could wear clothes,
I loved all those
moments, the outfits I chose.
We shopped for your
mobile, with the colours so bright,
we left you with
granny, the timing seemed right, but
we rarely went far,
stayed by day, phoned at night
watched you fight for
tomorrows, with all of your might.
These were our best
times, although filled with stress,
yes we wanted you home,
that we'll confess, because
to have you home with
us, nothing compared,
to hold you close to
us, while we lovingly stared.
We treasure those
moments, the time spent with us,
we loved you, we
spoiled you, we made a fuss,
The time home moved too
fast, the days were so few,
we were happy together,
just me, dad and you.
No comments:
Post a Comment