Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Leibster Award

The Liebster is a blog award for up and coming bloggers.

RULES
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.

1. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
2. Then, create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.

Thank you To Avery's Mommy for nominating me.

I shall answer the questions set, and nominate more bloggers.  Thank you so much.



1.       What are your hopes for 2013?
I hope to be able to find a way forward and find a way to live since losing my son.  I hope I am able to maintain the friendships that have been created since my loss, and the older friendships that have continued since I lost him as so many people don't know what to say or how to support and drift away.  
I hope that myself and Jim continue to support each other through this time in our lives, knowing that no other time in our lives will ever be as bad as this ever again.
2.       What is your favorite quote or motto to live by?
It used to be "live each day as if it's your last" but now it is "every time I think of you, I hug you with my  heart"
3.       What is your favorite dessert?
Tiramisu.
4.       Through your grief process, what organizations have helped you most?
SANDS Lothians.
5.       What hobby do you participate in most often?
Arts and Crafts.
6.       What is your favorite television show?
At the moment it is 'Mr Selfridge'
7.       Describe your perfect Saturday.
Walk my dogs, then meet with friends to have food and drinks, and then home for a Jim Curry.
8.       If you could change professions, would you?  If not, why?  If you would, what would you become and why?
I am undecided about this just now because I usually work in child protection, but since losing my son I don't think I would cope with this now.  I am still contemplating this myself.
9.       Where do you spend most of your time online?  What is the attraction?
I spend most of my time on websites for bereaved parents, because they 'get it'.
10.   If you won a trip to any place in the world and you had to leave tomorrow where would you go and who would you take with you?
I would go to Rio, and I would take Jim.  Because we would both like to see the 'Christ the Redeemer' Statue.  It's on our bucket lists.
11.   Why do you blog?                                                                                                                                                                   This is my 'safe place' to speak to my son without judgement, and if people do judge me here then I really don't care.  This is where I offload my feelings, my experiences, and attempt to process this horrible life debilitating thing called child-loss.      


I am passing the Liebster on to the following amazing ladies from some of my favorite blogs:

Eskimo Kisses for You
Lisa at Dear Finley
Jen at Dear Luke
Sarah at AngelBertie
Twinkle of light
Anna at precious Alanna Phoebe
Gem at Life with Katie

I can only add 7.  i'm not so aware of other blogs.  Thank you for the nomination Avery's Mommy xxxx


My questions for the new nominees are;

1.    What do you hope 2013 will be like for you?

2.  If you could give advice to any other grieving parent, what would it be?

3.  When you are upset, what brings you most comfort?

4.  if there was a house fire, what objects would you rescue first?

5.  What quotes can you most relate to?

6.  If you could move to anywhere in the world, where would it be?

7.  Describe a perfect day?

8.  If you could change anything about yourself what would it be?

9.  Why do you blog?

10.  What 'words' has someone said to you that has stayed in your mind and won't leave? (good or bad)

11.  Will you let me know that you have entered this competition and answered these questions? I'd love to know xx



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating!.. Now I just have to think, but this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nominating me! It took me a while, but I think I finally got it reposted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! <3
    http://twinkleoflight.blogspot.com/2013/01/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete